- Vishnu sahasranama is the essence of the Mahabharata;
- Great sages such as Narada, the Alvars, and composers including Saint Tyagaraja have made repeated references to the "Thousand Names of Vishnu" in their devotional works;
- The person who strung together the thousand names as part of the Mahabharata and preserved it for the world was none other than Sage Veda Vyasa, the foremost knower of the Vedas, who is considered an Avatar of Vishnu;
- Bhishma considered chanting of the Vishnu sahasranama the best and easiest of all dharmas, or the means to attain relief from all bondage;
- It is widely accepted that the chanting this Stotram gives relief from all sorrows and leads to happiness and peace of mind;
- Vishnu sahasranama is in conformity with the teachings of the Gita."
Significance of Vishnu Sahasranama
Labels: Vishnu Sahasranamam